UPDATE April, 2017:
While we await DLLR’s GED math tutoring workshop information, we are planning a training session for all interested Literacy Council math tutors to help get you started.
Dr. Perinaaz Gandhi and Susann Felton will lead this training, which will include an overview of the GED math test as well as the tutoring materials and books to be used.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Originally posted December, 2016
Do you have a love for math and want to help another person achieve their GED?
Next spring we will officially launch a new initiative with both the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Review (DLLR), and the Governor’s P-20 Leadership Council of Maryland.
Fifteen students who have passed all sections of the GED but math, and who have missed passing the math section by only a few points, will participate in a targeted, 4 to 6 week, one-on-one math tutoring program.
We are offering this opportunity first to existing tutors and then, if necessary, we will recruit new tutors specifically for this program.
- The joy of seeing a student graduate to a new life of possibilities.
- Specific training for tutoring GED math from GED professionals in the field.
- An opportunity to be part of a pilot program that will set standards for the entire state and possibly be a model for the nation.
- A commitment of 4-6 weeks.
Please let us know if you want to volunteer for this spring 2017 program by sending an email to either of the AACLC staff members below, and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
We look forward to your participation in this exciting new venture!