We have received TABE test results for 8 of our out-of-school youth in the Youth Health Works program. Of the students who have been retested, 7 of the 8 students showed improvements of a grade level or higher in their reading and/or math scores, and 2 of the students, Angel Amos and Charles Winston, each improved their reading by 2 Educational Functioning Levels! Each Functioning Level covers 2 grade levels.
- Carlester Bert: Chosen for an internship at John Hopkins hospital in Baltimore.
- Diymond Mosely: Passed the Reading portion for her GED.
- Dillyn Fitzgerald: Accepted into the CVS Pharmacy Technician training program.
- Quaeisha Cook: Accepted into the Medical Office Assistant Training Program at Anne Arundel Community College.
- Lajuan Young: Chosen for the Clatanoff Temporary Position at Arundel Medical Center.
A tremendous thanks goes out to the 35 volunteer tutors and assessors involved with this out-of-school youth program this year. Your steadfast commitment and dedication to these students has been inspirational.