Thanks to a generous donation from Robert and Jolene Caspar this past fall, we were able to completely renovate our website, ICanRead.org.
Elizabeth H. Cottrell, a freelance writer, author, social media pro, and digital publisher worked side-by-side with us to make our vision for this site become a reality. Since then she has donated her time to help us learn the basics of WordPress, while updating our blogs for us. There are so many new features:
- A blog where we post news, success stories, event information, and tutor training and resources
- Organization information, including mission statement, board members, and by-laws
- Volunteer links where you’ll find a list of tutors, tutor resources, form for reporting tutor hours, and information on how to become a volunteer. Use your mouse to hover over “Volunteers” in the menu at the top of each page and you’ll see a drop-down menu with several options.
- A calendar where we post events that are linked to maps and directions. There’s a link to the calendar in the sidebar.
- Student Referral form where anyone can refer a student to AACLC
- Online Donation function
- Links to current and past newsletters in the sidebar – be sure to sign up there so you’ll get the newsletter by email.
- Social media links to AACLC on Facebook and Twitter
If you haven’t done so already, please take a moment to look at this beautiful website. Thank you, Bob, Jolene, and Elizabeth!